Sunday, October 18, at 10:00 a.m. we will meet for an on-site service at the pavilion. If you are not ready to return to in-person services yet, you can watch the service online later at smithgrovechurch.org/online .
Below, we outline the precautions we are taking and the guidelines we are putting in place to maximize safety at this time.
On-site Seating Options
- 12 families may be seated at the picnic tables under the pavilion (first come, first serve).
- Bring lawn chairs to sit at the east end of the pavilion. Keep at least a 6ft distance from other families.
- Remain in your cars and tune in to 92.1 FM to hear the service.
What to Expect
- We will have people directing traffic flow. Please follow their instructions.
- Areas will be marked for drive-in parking and handicap parking.
- Please stay with your family and respect the 6ft distancing guidelines.
- There will be someone stationed at the north entrance to the building to open the door for those needing in to use the restroom.
- Service will last about an hour and will include some congregational singing and observance of Lord’s Supper (with prepackaged elements).
- Offering will be collected as you exit the parking lot, but you may continue to mail in your offerings as well.
- At this time, we are not offering childcare or Sunday school.
- We ask everyone to abide by social distancing guidelines. Keep 6ft apart and/or use a mask if you are interacting with those outside your homes. Refrain from physical contact.
- While facial coverings are not required, we do highly encourage their use, especially for those over age 65 or those with compromised immune systems. Staff will be wearing masks. We encourage those over 65 and in high risk categories to continue to worship with us online.
- If you are sick or have been anytime within the last 14 days, or if you have been around someone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please refrain from attending.
- One set of restrooms will be open, but children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult. Drinking fountains will not be accessible.
- Use proper hygiene in washing your hands and/or using provided hand sanitizer.
- Be considerate of others’ comfort levels at being in a large group for the first time in a while. Not everyone will be ready for the level of interaction we experienced prior to the pandemic.
- Leave nothing behind as you return to your vehicles.
Thanks for your understanding and for observing these guidelines. We look forward to worshiping together!